Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mystery Bookshelf

What is this thing anyway?!?!?Well, I don't know, but I got it at the ReStore for $1! After cutting it and painting it, I turned it into this:
A little bookshelf for a little man. Isaac just loves taking books to bed with him but they end up getting lost in the covers. So, now he has a little bookshelf.

I do have to confess however. I did not think through the width of the shelf and unfortunately, the books have a hard time staying upright. There isn't enough width for them to lean back, so they fall over. Boo. But, I made a quick (and tacky) fix until we can get something a little wider.

But overall, I love the idea, Isaac loves it and only $1!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Like it. Looks like the Toney's gutter shelves. I would not have thought much about the width either.

Nicole said...

I love how you took something and just made it into what you wanted! Genius!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails