Monday, August 3, 2009

What's Mine is Isaac's

When I was about 9, my mom made me this flannel blanket. I used it every single night, right up until I got married and Luke said no way! This blanket is one of the maybe 4 things that I still have that I grew up with. Well after being stashed in the closet for years and years, I decided to pull it out and convert it to a useful baby blanket for Isaac. I made is for him about 3 months before he was born.
As you can see, it was pretty ratty after years of use. The middle was the best part. My dinner table is a perfect square, so I draped it over the table and just cut around it. It has a second layer of flannel from when I tried to revamp it for myself. I then sewed on some blue double fold bias tape around the two layers, and there you go! My blanket becomes Isaac's. He loved getting swaddled in it for the first 3 months. My mom really loved that I had kept it and given it to him.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh I totally slept with my "Pooh blanket" until I got married too! What a great idea to pull it out of hiding and give it a new life! I love the new blog Rockie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails