Friday, August 21, 2009

Ribbon Wreath

My mother-in-law gave me a subscription to Family Cirlce Magazine for Christmas and I'm very excited about. It has great home decorating ideas and lots of recipes. One of which is my spring wreath that I made.The great thing about it is you can make one for any season by changing the color of the ribbon. Here's how I did it:

Pick three colors that all coordinate. I got 4 spools (4yds. each spool, 1 1/2 in. thick) of each color. Cut into lengths of 21 in. You may need more ribbon depending on how big the wreath is. I just took an old wire hanger and made it into a circle. Tie each length of ribbon into a bow around the wreath and bunch them together as you go to make it look full. It was really fun to make. It's been hanging outside all summer and the ribbon is holding up pretty well. My sister requested a fall one for her birthday and that's what I'm working on now. I'll have a picture of that one when I get it done.

1 comment:

amy smitherman said...

thanks rockie! you're the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails